Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Warner off grid no service for you
So.. I was inquiring about Comcast Road Runner and am in the process of going off grid (solar)... I was told no can do. Gotta be on Permanent Power in order to get hooked up.

Seems odd and strange like maybe they have rules from Helco in order to use their poles and hook anyone up to RoadRunner they have to be on the Grid. I asked if I could run conduit (underground) from the pole and that doesn't look it will fly.

Just wondering... Anyone run into the type of situation? Solvable or just SOL? Hopefully there is a way around it but I went down to the office in Hilo and inquired about it. Supposedly I am suppose to get a call from the head installation people to see if there is anything I can do for a work around but I'm not holding my breath on that. I am getting RoadRunner from my cool Neighbors but I kinda wanted my own. I was sorta feeling guilty. but with their attitude I'm feeling better about that. Maybe they just don't want my business?

I find it funny that hawaiian tel will hookup with out being connected to the grid... But sadly no DSL on my side of the street.... Maybe beaches will get DSL connections one day. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Time Warner off grid no service for you - by ericlp - 01-12-2013, 07:22 PM