Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of the “Humane” Society
Talk of calling their insurance company sounds a bit... Extreme. Stalker-ish. I mean no offense, it just strikes me as a bit ick. I understand your frustration though, it's a tough situation. Certainly is a bummer you can't enjoy your back yard, and that they aren't good pet owners or neighbors. Good neighbors are everything!

If you've tried the HS and they haven't deemed it necessary to do more, then you might reconsider that fence. Bamboo is largely free, strong and could do a great privacy fence. We did a lanai wall like that... got some sturdy wire, drilled holes through the tops and bottoms of the bamboo and strung them up. It looks and works great. Just be sure it isn't sitting on the ground, and drain the top chambers so there's no sitting water. Cheap. Easy. Strong. Where there's a will there's a way. I might look into filing a noise complaint. Disturbing the peace is a misdemeanor and that would engage the police. Maybe that would be enough of a wake up call to her... then again, she'd probably know it was you and it would most certainly cause even more hard feelings.

How many cats do you have, Lin? Sucks that the officer would turn things on you. Wonder why he felt he could do that...? I noticed they don't have much liking for cats, I guess it would be hard not to get a bit cynical after seeing sooo many starving strays and having to put 95% down because of lack of adoptions and space. I liked the Kea'au HS when we got our dog there a few years ago. They'd held on to her an extra long time, trying to give her the chance to get adopted. I'd imagine the officers that have to do house calls are different. It's a job that would easily cause extreme cynicism in short order... unless a person's got something extra special about them.
Melissa Fletcher

Messages In This Thread
Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by Lin W - 11-26-2010, 09:28 AM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by YurtGirl - 11-28-2010, 10:47 AM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-28-2010, 12:05 PM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-29-2010, 08:23 AM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-30-2010, 08:52 AM