Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna?
We have been here nearly six years. I am glad that we came. I love living just outside a hippie haven kinda town. It's certainly colorful. Everyone has their own thing and that's okay with me. Live and let live, right?

I have lived in several places - the East Coast, Midwest, Los Angeles, Arizona...they all have something wonderful about them. I do not call Hawaii "paradise." I know many who do, but wherever you go, there you are. That's the rub. If you look for faults in people, places and things...you will find them anywhere.

The Island is a baby, still growing. I like that. It's magical. We have many friends that I would trust with most things. In Arizona we knew of our neighbors but did not have the relationships and bonds we already have here.

Other things we love: snorkeling; the rainforest; pot lucks; slippahs; whales and other sea life; Hapuna Beach; listening to pidgeon; and the weekly carnival that is Maku'u Market.

Puna is a diverse place. Do your research. Ask different realtors and others who LIVE HERE what the deal is in any neighborhood you are considering. That's just common sense.

Remember that it's expensive to travel back and forth to the Mainland and that if you have children and grandbabies, you will miss them. If you have aging parents, you may feel guilt about not being there more often. If you have health issues...that could be a problem since the health care here does not come easy. Just be prepared.

I have not been back to the Mainland since we moved here. Sometimes I miss Arizona's red rocks and canyons on a motorcycle. Sometimes I miss my childhood neighborhood in Buffalo, New York. Oftentimes I miss my kids and wonder if they're okay or need a hug.

Okay, so these are my opinions. We know what opinions are like and who's got them. LOL! Blessings!

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 02-23-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 02-24-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by Chuysmom - 02-25-2012, 04:53 AM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 02-25-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 03-20-2012, 07:28 AM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 03-22-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 03-23-2012, 08:28 AM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 03-24-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: Any Chance on a new topic of Moving to Puna? - by missydog1 - 03-25-2012, 09:00 AM