Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa or Kea'au family health centers
I know someone who liked Dr. Funimura enough to follow her to Pahoa from Kea'au. 5-10 years ago the Bay Clinic sucked IMHO, but things have changed. One of the biggest changes being they will now commit to giving you appointments and with the same doctor, whereas for years there was little or no continuity of care and you had to wait 2-3 months for appt if you didn't want to do walk in first thing when they opened.

I think Bay Clinic is the only provider taking new patients with HMSA Quest, so they do have a heavy load on their shoulders. One problem they still have, I was told, is a director from Florida who does not get the differences here. Also they have a zero pain med policy so if you have any chronic pain needing management they will refer you to a pain clinic for that treatment.

My PCP is another practice, but I've been to Kea'au for some other services and find the people there very good. From my observation, the Kea'au people manage their schedule better if being seen on time is an issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pahoa or Kea'au family health centers - by missydog1 - 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM