Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fight for Non-GMO Foods and Proper GMO Labeling
Seems my memory is quite on target. I still don't see, even in the quote provided, where I said that radiation "was used to insert foreign genetic material into another cell...". I wrote that, "[GMO practices] uses radiation, splicing fish genes into watermelon seeds, and many other bizarre and largely unexposed practices." This is a given example of GMO practices. Claims were that radiation wasn't even in the mix. Does everyone admit that transgenic science uses radiation and genetic splicing from other species in their genetic manipulation? That's pretty common knowledge at this point, agreed?

I gave the link to companies who were bought out by Monsanto and have encouraged a quick and simple internet search to find other sources countless times. I believe that was in the thread discussing Monsanto buying out the bee research firm. Here's a partial list if people don't want to click a link:

MONSANTO OWNED BRANDS

AquaMaster
Asgrow
Bullet
Certainty Turf
Channel
Degree XTRA
DEKALB
Deltapine
Fielder's Choice Direct
Fontanelle
Gold Country Seed
Hubner Seed
INTRRO
Jung Seed Genetics
Kruger Seeds
Lariat
Lewis Hybrids
Micro-Tech
Outrider
QuikPRO
Rea Hybrids
Roundup PowerMAX
Roundup PRO Concentrate
Roundup PROMAX
Roundup WeatherMAX
RT 3
Specialty Hybrids
Stewart Seeds
Stone Seed Group
Trelay Seeds
TripleFLEX
WestBred

PaulW, you still provide none, zero, zilch of your own evidence or even limited research; instead you try to argue others points and waste their time by attempting poor arguments on the minutiae. Just stop already unless you are going to write to the same standards you seem to hold everyone else to. Or preface your comments maybe with something like, "The following is my opinion based on my refusal to do any research or back up any of my own findings" or "The following commentary is based on my desire to get others to do a bunch of research to prove something to me, which I will not read or research anyway and continue to deny any and all validity of".

AGAIN, MOST PEOPLE AREN'T CLAIMING THAT ALL GMOS ARE ALL BAD. We want to know where they're hidden in common foods, we want the right to choose what we and our kids eat, and we want PROPER TESTING.

Here's a recent find. I haven't checked the facts of it yet, but it seems right on target.
www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2Fseankaminsky%2Fopen-sesame-the-story-of-seeds&h=WAQGZAYdWAQEswSa6dUiWOsyEZV0fWSw2kcMi4GzSecGGEQ&s=1

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fight for Non-GMO Foods and Proper GMO Labeling - by dmbwest - 10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
RE: Fight for Non-GMO Foods and Proper GMO Labeling - by YurtGirl - 10-16-2012, 07:31 AM