Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow
hmmm. I've turned down some GREAT job offers because they are in Hilo and frankly, I don't want to waste my time or gas or wear and tear on my car to drive down there everyday. I guess if I was the family breadwinner I would (which my hubby does). But I'd consider working for $7.25 at this place. Working in kitchens is fun, you get to eat some yummy food (if the owner is cool with it of course!)and its less than 3 miles from my house I think.

I guess I don't see the problem with making minimum wage. I'd rather work for $7.25 an hour close to my home than make $10 an hour in Hilo.

And I also thought the place was nice, it was so clean and open and airy. The food was good. The staff didn't appear to be slaves or held there against their will.... So I'm guessing they are just fine with making whatever it is that the owner/manager/whoever offered.

ALSO we don't know that the line cook is making $7.25 an hour. We are just going on an assumption posted by someone who is doing some drive by postings....

EDITED TO ADD
The complaining poster has used line cook and chef as the same job. A "line cook" and a "chef" are two different jobs. A Chef usually does make more than a line cook. See below:

quote:
Originally posted by Johnp

Missing the point. No chef for any restaurant gets paid $7.25/hr. unless you're working at McDonald's. Says a lot about the quality of the food. You get what you pay for.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnp

You will not find a quality experienced cook willing to work for $7.25 an hour at any restaurant other then fast food. Everyone who is a line cook in a real restaurant makes at least $10/hr. and usually much more. Pay chefs low pay expect low quality food.

lwww.indeed.com/forum/job/line-cook/typical-line-cook-salaries/t5872

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by dayna - 05-10-2013, 05:45 AM
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by dmbwest - 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by dmbwest - 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM