Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow
quote:
Originally posted by Johnp

Give it a month or less and this place will be closed. Horrible choices all around from the location to to chefs. Someone who says they are that successful surely should be able to afford a better location and pay the cooks a reasonable wage, clearly the owner is only concerned about profit and not the people or community.

Actually I love the location of this place.

Restaurants only have one chef. In this case it's the owner.

The food is great and the portions are large.

The service was great.

The whole point of running a business is to generate profit. I've never heard of a non-profit restaurant. That's what food banks are for.

Interns work for free in hopes that it will open doors for them in the future. I'm sure lots of them would love to make minimum wage. We have no information to suggest that this business owner plans to keep people at minimum wage forever. Some restaurants give the kitchen staff a portion of the tips. We don't know what other benefits are being offered.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by terracore - 05-11-2013, 05:34 AM
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by dmbwest - 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by dmbwest - 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM