Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone in volcano see the guava infected yet?
I feel that it is the responsibility of each of us not to harbor invasive species and not to stand in the way of solutions to such problems. In the case of the guava and its native control I feel that repeating the thoroughly discredited objections is like shouting "fire" in a crowded theater. It is essential that you fully understand the crop of ideas that Syd "I turned my property into a coqui frog sanctuary" Singer has sown before you get into bed with him. If you do get into bed with him you will have a lot of company but it won't be the likes of the vast majority of intelligent hard working professionals in the field of biology and forestry. It will mostly be people who have whipped themselves into a frenzy of righteous indignation but who are strangely untroubled by facts.

I for one eagerly look forward to the day I see this stuff on my trees. If I want to promote fruiting I'll treat for the bugs, otherwise I'll keep cutting them down.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone in volcano see the guava infected yet? - by taropatch - 05-28-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: Anyone in volcano see the guava infected yet? - by MarkP - 05-30-2013, 04:54 AM