Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need fence replacement quote/info
Aloha and Happy New Year to all!

Wasn't sure if this topic belongs in the building forum or here. Since it's about replacing something, I decided to drop it in here and see if I can get some help from good members of this forum.

Background: a couple weeks ago a driver (blasted on alcohol) lost control of his vehicle at 2 am and barrelled through my front sliding gate, down my front driveway and up onto one of my landscaped lava rock wall features. Thankfully no one was hurt except one of my baby macnut trees Sad The police came and issued a report. Fortunately the guy is insured so we're covered on that end. Here's what I need to do to get my claim processed and repair the fence:

Need a quote from a "licensed" professional (licensed in what, I'm not sure) on replacement cost of the gate (chain-link, sliding type), and the walk-in gate, including removal and replacement of bent pole between sliding and walk-in gates...I assume landscaping damage should be included too. Anyone know who might be qualified to quote on this for insurance replacement cost purposes?

The other question: I'd like to take the opportunity to replace or put a facade on the chain link fence in front of my property. We're thinking a bamboo fence or facade, whatever makes the most sense cost-wise. Know of anyone selling bamboo fencing on the East side?

Your help would be much appreciated. Mahalo in advance!

Tim
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius

Messages In This Thread
Need fence replacement quote/info - by punafish - 01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
RE: Need fence replacement quote/info - by emily - 01-06-2006, 08:54 AM
RE: Need fence replacement quote/info - by emily - 01-09-2006, 10:31 AM