Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm happy to put something positive on Punatalk!
We need to discuss it over a beer one day, awf. Really. As much as our world views differ, I suspect we'd actually get along.

Glad to hear you're of Japanese descent, it no doubt exposed you to the home culture, a wonderful thing. I've got lots of Japanese friends, including local Japanese. I spend a lot of time in Japan. Most Japanese I know--both Japanese nationals and locals here in Hawaii-- don't understand their mother culture. (Nor do Americans.) That's because having dna roots in Japan or anywhere doesn't automatically translate to cultural knowledge. But it certainly doesn't hurt!

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you researched Confucianism in Asia and still disagree that Japan is a Confucian society? Gosh, I have no response to that, other than I'm sorry your research didn't change your mind. I too lived it, and still live it everyday, because it's how I make a living.

My sincere apology to the OP for disrupting this thread; it's just two silly guys thumping their on-line chests. I will bow out and hopefully finish this conversation over a beer one day.

So. How about them police boxes? Smile
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm happy to put something positive on Punatalk! - by punafish - 08-21-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: I'm happy to put something positive on Punatalk! - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: I'm happy to put something positive on Punatalk! - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:33 PM