Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

There in lies the argument - fruits of your (our, my) labor - using whoms roads, grid or educational system - its the no man is an island concept

Luckily for me I got a far superior private education, plan to go off grid and I am willing to pay for my roads, just not with a middle man. The roads in my neighborhood are private and superior to the public roads outside. People think that the government builds the roads, they don't, they pay contractors to build them, why cant we just pay them directly? Never known a tollway in worse shape then federal highways as a bonus, faster speeds, safer with fewer police collecting tolls. The grid is already privately owned, however its unfortunate that it is just one government maintained monopoly, it really could be a lot cheaper if they allowed competition.

No man is an island, but its nice when people aren't forced to do things, its nice when they can VOLUNTARILY choose to make contracts, associations, donations or whatever.

You preach violence without choice, I preach peace and voluntary interactions. Violence does not make us prosperous and does not make things fair, Peace and individual Liberty lead to prosperity. I would love hear about ways of doing things that does not force people with guns, cause that is what the government does.

Aloha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by Guest - 08-23-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM