Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
I had posted a question earlier, but don't think I have received an answer yet, so I'll try again.
Julie, if the deficit problem is created by retired people accepting a Social Security check:

1) How many retirees are independently wealthy and can do without a monthly Soc Sec check?
(my guess is that there are about as many independently wealthy retired people as there are independently wealthy people of working age. Maybe a few more, but not many out of the general population)
2) If all independently wealthy retired people stop cashing their Soc Sec check, how much money does this amount to?
3) What % of the total Soc Sec system is this?
4) Do you want people who are not independently wealthy to stop getting a Soc Sec check? If so, what should they do for money?

If you can't answer these questions, is it still worth posting a proposal that then creates more of a problem than a solution?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 08-24-2013, 07:01 AM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM