Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
"Your taxes every month are going straight out the other side of the equation to the retirees- and therefore, you are not included in the trust funds!".

You are still confused. The SS trust fund is just a bank account. Every working person is included as a potential recipient of the fund. No one paying into the account according to the rules is excluded. Right now the account is filled more than it needs to be to maintain current benefits to current retirees and it will continue to do so up to about 2034 (2035? we just had a bump in federal income). And SS taxes get collected every payday and they continue to go into the fund. And we add about 100,000 people to the workforce every month, as commonly noted in reports on unemployment statistics. So right now we are net negative relative to input/output, but that's OK. We just need to legislatively decide on what we do regarding input/output as I noted earlier.

The only thing that might get in the way of collecting your Social Security is the "party of stupid" (Jindal, 2013) trying to break the federal government. Current antics such as the suggested "hostage taking" of the debt limit could actually result in at least operationally preventing monthly SS disbursements to Puna retirees if they decide to shoot the hostage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by peteadams - 08-26-2013, 04:14 AM