Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings!
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

aluminum wire - in my understanding is still approved - just not for new construction inside walls. Good and accepted practice is to terminate the aluminum wire with a copper wire using a copper crimp....

Also true of the aluminum lead in wire - usually #4 or #6 triplex that feeds the 100 amp service - copper in this application is over the top pricey. The aluminum needs to be secured to copper mechanically at the termination as well before attaching it to the lugs in the service panel.

If it vibrates one needs to use stranded not solid wire - all good basic common sense solutions...

by conforming to code - we are able to rectify mistakes - not perfect - but at least its some type of tracking system when accepted designs and specs go wrong

ever hear about the bogus (not approved but marked as grade 8) chinese fasteners that went into steel high rise frames ..... it was years to resolve that one...

That aluminum wire in the homes I ran across was the worst crap I've seen, very brittle and people were updating the switches and receptacles with inappropriate connectors creating hot spots etc... a damn fire hazard nightmare.
The old asbestos insulation is another sad situation and seldom if ever cited in a sales inspection.

I've seen too many things to know that this current system is ineffective on several levels. Far too loose creating false senses of security and actually promoting health hazards and dangers and on the same stroke too corporate fascist restrictive effectively driving the cost of housing beyond obtainable and buyers into financial servitude. It's these same criminal political corporate relationship control models that have sucked the very life blood out of this nation and brought it to its knees. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Wao nahele kane - 01-23-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-01-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-02-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-02-2014, 10:16 AM