Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again.
http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/maps/uploads/image-76.jpg

The new Pic Dated 1/24

My concern is that none of the lava is being shifted to the south like it was on the last flows. All this lava is heading towards (what looks like to me) Ainaloa and HPP. It's now almost just as far EAST as it was on the last flow. Probably moving a lot slower. But it's the furthest North it's been in a while. I'd be somewhat worried if I were living in Ainaloa even Hawaiian Acres the back of the lots if it really starts pushing North.

Maybe the rain will slow it down? At least it will take away the threat of a forest fire. It's really dumping a lot of rain this morning at least in the lower puna side.

Tho, if it happens to keep chumming along for another 6-8 months it will more than likely cut off 130 and we'll all be screwed anyway. Well, most of us ... the people that have jobs or school in Hilo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-19-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-27-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by ericlp - 01-28-2014, 02:18 AM
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-29-2014, 03:38 PM