Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again.
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

Vancouver Island, The chances of LAVA actually hitting your home is slim. Tho if the lava crosses 130 you won't be able to get to your home in a long while so unless your insurance covers evacuation for LONG periods of time. Maybe abandonment insurance? Lava insurance would be the same as fire insurance. Since your house will burn down 10-15' before the lava will get to it. Tho, good luck providing that to your insurance company.

ericlp: I'm not concerned too much about my house at this stage (back half of Eden Roc). However, it might be a good idea for those in Ainaloa and HPP to take the time to check their policies and find out what kind of evidence they'd need to prove it caught fire before the lava contacted it. I've heard rumours you need to take video for some insurers to cover it. I think those of us who have been following this issue closely are aware that it's still a bit of a long shot that the flow will last long enough to get into occupied areas.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-19-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-27-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by VancouverIslander - 01-29-2014, 01:57 AM
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-29-2014, 03:38 PM