Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again.
This flow seems to stall, then pick up volume and continue. Why does this flow act like this and why has it only put out pahoehoe flows only, is this the norm?. The distance also looks to be short from one end of Pua Farms rd to the flow, but it is longer than it looks. There are a couple trails leading off into that direction but then they seem to veer up towards Eden rock after about 2 or 3 miles. I have had friends that have cut trails most the way out to the flow, and getting back sometimes has been their challenge. I am wondering if we get a trail whacked and fairly strait to this flow if maybe others would want to take the hike?. I know one of the trails gets pretty close already cause the tour copters are overhead and doing large circles. Take plenty of water, boots, machete, and a G.P.S cause its easy to get turned around.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-19-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-27-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Kahauale'a II flow moving toward Pahoa again. - by Guest - 01-29-2014, 03:38 PM