Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please windows open or closed ... or both?
So its raining pretty much non-stop up here and things are starting feel a little clammy.

The house I am in is very 'tight' such that one cannot really even 'slam' the interior doors when the windows are closed.

That said, I am seeing the beginnings of mold growing in various places. My quandry is what to do.

Little to no breeze, no dehumidifier or wood stove for even a little dry heat bubble... working only with windows and doors and not sure of the sequence.

The house 'feels' drier with everything closed but I know I am getting near zero air exchange and my gut feeling is this is helping the mold get a foothold.

If I open the windows the house immediately feels wetter, albeit with fresher air and more circulation.

I get the feeling that this might be the way to go but upon closing the windows to me it seems like I have now 'captured' all this moisture.

I think I will eventually figure out the best sequence but any advice to speed up my learning curve would be appreciated.

Trying to work with passive methods for now would like avoid things that plug in.

Thank you !
a green freckled pog

Messages In This Thread
Advice please windows open or closed ... or both? - by Guest - 01-03-2008, 06:21 AM
RE: Advice please windows open or closed ... or both? - by dmbwest - 01-03-2008, 06:39 AM
RE: Advice please windows open or closed ... or both? - by missydog1 - 01-03-2008, 07:38 AM
RE: Advice please windows open or closed ... or both? - by dmbwest - 01-03-2008, 10:34 AM
RE: Advice please windows open or closed ... or both? - by dmbwest - 01-03-2008, 04:38 PM