Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why farmers sued the county about ANTI GMO bill
I don't know where the "anti-gmo" slogan comes from but nobody can be anti gmo without labeling. I am not against gmo per se I am just pro labeling gmo items. The one great advantage of being american, at least in the way that america markets itself, is freedom. If we are truly free we should be able to choose what corporations and type of food we support and gmo crops should be properly isolated so they don't affect the freedom of the other farmers who want to grow non gmo produce. The fact that 99% of corn genetically modified and one corporation made the profits off of that is a monopoly, which is illegal. Same goes for soy. There are already laws against this stuff, but the damage has been done and since these corporations have so much money they get away with breaking the law. People should have had the right to choose right from the jump. That would be fair competition in the market place, but a majority of corn and soy were modified before people could know enough to even make a choice. Remember genetically modified produce was being sold in the market place long before the Human Genome Project was even complete. So "scientists" had no real way of telling how this will effect human biology and to be honest they still don't know, but like I said before I believe we should have the right to choose what we eat. Some people eat Mcdonald's and that is fine by me but don't force me to eat it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why farmers sued the county about ANTI GMO bill - by Derrick Barnicoat - 06-18-2014, 01:25 PM