Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HVO website says the flow was inactive today!
Got a call from a close friend today who seemed a bit flustered and confused about this june27th flow?.He told me he does not see any indication that the lava stalled, perhaps it is free falling hundreds if not thousands of feet?. Very near the old geothermal site or pad (200 yards), cracks are opening up as I write. Hot steam is coming from these new cracks, while tree's and rocks the size of small cars are falling into these cracks. These cracks are about a half mile from where the front supposedly has stalled?. Very dangerous and bad feelings sitting next to these cracks so he did not stay long, yet stayed long enough to feel a couple small quakes that felt like they were happening a mile below his okole.

Yesterday I did not see the plume of the flow, appeared to stall. Yet today these new cracks, dying and falling trees with plenty of steam and heat rising makes me wonder?. The choppers were monitoring and did seem to notice these cracks today, not sure what they can really see in that thick vegetation though. A volcanologist really should take a look cause its unreal to feel or hear the rumbling from below.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HVO website says the flow was inactive today! - by Guest - 08-28-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: HVO website says the flow was inactive today! - by missydog1 - 08-29-2014, 10:51 AM