Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Happiness List, Hawaii #1 Again
Good thing money doesn't buy happiness according to WalletHub in their new ranking of the happiest states in America, or Hawaii might not have made the top pf the list. Access to nature is a major factor. With all of the different kinds of rapidly changing atmospheric conditions we have to choose from, as well as natural geological forces on display right in our own backyards, literally, Hawaii certainly has plenty of that. Unless they meant more along the lines of HVNP, which is reopening next week. We've got plenty of that too. I'm just glad we're as far away from the D.C. Tweet machine as it's possible to get in the U.S., so we miss the first 4 or 5 hours of nonsense reverberating around the east coast every morning.

But Hawaii has something that is invaluable: a relatively relaxed attitude with a predilection for social interaction and outdoorsy adventures.

“Hawaii’s happiness [ranking] is really attributed to culture,” Pamela Gail Johnson, founder of The Secret Society of Happy People tells NBC News Better. “There's a city environment, but culturally, it's more laid-back, which contributes to emotional and physical well-being. There’s lots of beaches, walking and hiking. It’s an environment that fosters a ‘stop and smell the roses’ mentality.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/pop-cultu...ncna909241

“It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water.” President Donald J. Trump describing an active hurricane on Tue, Sept 11, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
Another Happiness List, Hawaii #1 Again - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-15-2018, 05:46 AM