Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies
Opihikao, mahalo for your passion and concerns. You speak the truth about yours and your ohanas experience living as a neighbor to geothermal. Yet others including some of my ohana have felt different effects caused by geothermal, some still lasting. Maybe some are more sensitive maybe some have been exposed differently.
The state and county planned to explore or experiment with the idea of geothermal and residential living on an active rift zone. Both are still experiments if you ask me but both should not be over the top of the other. Geothermal waste or releases should not be going over neighborhoods of keiki and catchment tanks. Homes should also not be built up against industrial drilling operations.
When we bought here in 99 we had no idea geothermal was going to grow and need to have continuous operations, or would be here Forever. Had no idea our home values or children's health could or would be impacted or influenced so greatly. Personally I would like to see more geothermal also just not ran or operated the same way this plant has been operating. This plant is like the haunted house at the end of some dark and deserted street. JMO.
Also just my opinion but they should close this current plant, convert it to a visitors center and museum. Move the plant or open a new one up above brysons cinders, maybe a mile or two above so to not affect residents, to be closer to the source, and to be up wind from most. Why did geothermal not by out all of leilani back in the 60's or 70's to avoid such a mess?
Why did the county and state not protect or form the proper health and environmental studies during the duration of the experimental drilling? Why don't we have an inter-island ferry since their are no facts to prove its dangerous or impacting anything?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies - by Guest - 02-07-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies - by Guest - 02-09-2015, 06:13 AM
RE: Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies - by Guest - 03-08-2015, 11:10 AM
RE: Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies - by Guest - 09-21-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies - by Guest - 09-21-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies - by Guest - 09-25-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies - by Guest - 09-28-2016, 09:28 AM
RE: Geothermal - Health Assessments & Studies - by Guest - 12-12-2016, 03:08 AM