Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism?
Thanks Obie for sharing, great idea and location. Now i kick myself for not buying some of those 5 acre farm lots back in the early 90's, they were asking about 25,000 for them. At that time though I couldn't foresee so many tourists for the rental or B&B ideas on farm land. Wow what a great deal in today's time, what are the going or gouging tourist rates these days for say a place like your friends?
Dakine, your idea is really a good one also. Those types of jobs or careers can be found in almost every city most tourists are trying to get away from. Look around you, rainbows, mountains, oceans, wildlife, nature, sunshine. These are things or part of this world most want to feel or see at times in their life. Hawaii will always be a future tourist destination because of aviation and these other qualities.
Those jobs you mention are often held by smart educated people like you stated, won't provide to many local jobs at all. Then the people who usually work those kind of jobs are smart with their money, like frivolous with it. Most of their money would be tied up in stocks, bonds, wall street future money. See when tourist vacation they come with intentions to have fun, see and do things, and spend some of that hard earned money. Puna has become a destination for many due to tourists needs of adventure or RR today. Now may be Puna's time to capitalize and provide a safe and entertaining vacation or stay for these visitors. We could use the added revenue now during this very costly slow disaster on our community.
Dakine I do agree with you about not wanting to raise my keiki to be house cleaners, or valet parking attendees. Yet those jobs when worked hard are still very rewarding in many more ways than no job or needing and collecting handouts like Ebt. Not very long ago on these islands the good working jobs were found on the ranches, farms, and fields. So I would consider catering to tourism as an upgrade for many reasons, beats working the cane fields, or coal mines. Jmo, We here in Puna have the work force, education, and now the tourists, all we need now is the state of Hawaii to invest in these parts to keep tourists here longer and willing to spend more.

Messages In This Thread
How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism? - by Guest - 02-06-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism? - by Guest - 02-08-2015, 07:02 AM