Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help...I need all of you to talk to me
Nancy,

I don't live in Puna yet, but I've been following the forum for a couple months now because we hope to move there next year. I'd hadn't even registered to post here because I didn't have much to share or questions to ask ... just yet. But when I saw you question, I had to register so I could respond. I'm a financial advisor for individuals and small businesses, so I have some expertise I guess. My advise is to stay away from the sandwich business! You are so correct, you could easily lose double your investment. The sucessful food businesses I've seen (and I've seen a few the last 25 years) have been ones where the owners were in for the long haul and really, really, knew what they were doing and loved doing it. You would be in for the short-term, don't do it. Follow your heart, take the money from the sale of the business and get back out to HI and get the house finished ASAP. Forget the yurt, they are cool but too expensive for a short-term residence. I like the idea of a pop-up trailer or something else really cheap like that. Cut your expenses as much as possible until the house is finished. You said you had enough to live on for a year, how long could finishing the house take? Please, don't buy yourself a short-term job $30K!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help...I need all of you to talk to me - by wa2hfi - 07-26-2005, 01:43 PM
RE: Help...I need all of you to talk to me - by Lee - 07-27-2005, 09:35 AM