Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager
Hello YurtGirl,

As a person who has considered a yurt in the past, I've read your posts here, on city-data, and probably other places. Having been a business owner myself I know how tough running a business can be and I really do appreciate (and so do many others) all you've done to bring alternative housing options to the Big Island.

Running any online forum (and I have administered many) is a difficult balancing act between allowing freedom of expression and enforcing rules that make it safe and friendly for everybody. I've never found a forum that does this perfectly and I don't believe that perfection exists in this regard. All that being said, I'd like to see you around here more often, and I'm sure others would too (and it might be good for your business). I take the mudslinging with a grain of salt and don't show up on the rare days I'm not feeling up to it- but most of the time I just watch it and try to guess what comes next. I've learned to laugh at myself, but in order to get there I had to learn to laugh at other people first. I don't take the opinion of some random anonymous online persona seriously or personally- unless of course I agree with it. I don't think it's a thick skin, it's just realizing that an online forum isn't the real world.

I think you have great things to contribute, don't let the online shadows of other people determine how you use your keyboard unless you want it to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by dmbwest - 01-18-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by terracore - 01-19-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by dmbwest - 01-19-2016, 12:57 PM
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by dmbwest - 01-19-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by Aki - 01-21-2016, 03:27 PM