Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager
To me, the growth and spirit of Punaweb came about when there was a lot of interest in coming to Hawaii, building an impractical dream, hearing about the successes and failures of others, offering some experience, advice and ideas for the next one coming along. As a newbie, it seemed also to have promise of an online community, but also a mirror to the possibilities of who was out there, and what common interests there may be when integrating to a new area.

Instead, there seems to be of late the cliques, either adoration or condemnation of others, solely based on who is posting and past clashes.

Rob, the moderator, has had a strong interest in the Puna Community Development Plan and the Puna Alternate road options. With these initiatives not as active as in past, I think it is with Rob's good graces that this forum continues. Others have said they have left because of the negative tone that the 'regulars' are providing. I would agree. It's not, for the most part and in my opinion, inviting, welcoming, interesting or encouraging to those trying to join in on the conversations.

Too bad, because I don't think there will be a good alternative in the Puna area if this site shuts down.

Someone should be allowed to put up an ad/expression of interest without the yahoos picking it all apart to hell. Just scroll on by if it's not to your liking. She didn't ask for clarification or improvement to her ad. If you are truly interested in the job, ask for clarification or negotiate a better deal.

It's not a question of being soft to criticism. It's play by Rob's rules or move on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by dmbwest - 01-18-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by dmbwest - 01-19-2016, 12:57 PM
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by dmbwest - 01-19-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager - by Aki - 01-21-2016, 03:27 PM