Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VLBA facility and vehicles damaged on Mauna Kea
The problem with highly charged controversies like TMT is they are a magnet for nut jobs looking for a controversy to join for instant publicity for their personal issues. Like the crazy white woman months back who kept going up there and stripping naked. Or the white college instructor of Hawaiian studies who suddenly became more Hawaiian than Hawaiians and filed lawsuits as a 'native'.

I think this particular incident is nothing more than someone with a psychiatric or substance problem. Unfortunately, as long as TMT is a hot controversy, there are plenty more where this one came from. It may not always end as happily. We on both sides need to try to keep the temperature down for that reason alone. When I see the bumper stickers to 'Defend Hawaii' with a Kalashnikov rifle, it worries me. What, exactly, do these people think Hawaii needs defending with automatic weapons? From people like me? Is this the next phase? Are things really about to get that crazy everywhere?

---------------------------

You can't fix Samsara.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VLBA facility and vehicles damaged on Mauna Kea - by Guest - 03-30-2016, 07:27 AM
RE: VLBA facility and vehicles damaged on Mauna Kea - by dmbwest - 03-30-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: VLBA facility and vehicles damaged on Mauna Kea - by Guest - 03-31-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: VLBA facility and vehicles damaged on Mauna Kea - by Guest - 04-03-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: VLBA facility and vehicles damaged on Mauna Kea - by Guest - 04-05-2016, 12:33 PM