Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More affluent people moving to Puna?
"I'm curious how she "observed" all this "new money". Was she standing in front of a store and people were talking money ?? Or maybe she saw some new shiny cars driving around ??"

I think that was it - and this prompted me to run this by more folks who are living in Puna to get a more comprehensive view. Hugely aware that one can never go by just one person's opinion of what's going on, and my friend is going through her own transitions regarding her business and livelihood as well.
All of you have given great input, which I really appreciate! Jdirgo's "test" of whether someone would appreciate Puna in taking them down a certain road is wonderful!
Currenty my husband and I live in north-central New Mexico near Santa Fe, which is unique in its own respect. In some ways it has things in common with Puna in that it is not for everyone, people either really fall in love with the high desert or they hate it and leave after awhile(or turn right around to leave too-LOL!). And the location where we live is more stark than Santa Fe itself! For myself, I can honestly say that the Hilo to Puna district is the most amazing place I've ever visited, and we are looking forward to returning any way we can, whether it's for another visit, or even a move. While we were visiting, we were in a great vacation rental house in Puna Beach Palisades, and although we did some touristy stuff like go to Volcanoes National Park, etc., most days we spent just enjoying the daily ebb and flow, going to the beaches(Kehena was just a quarter mile or so from where we were staying), taking drives, walks, going to the Hilo and Pahoa farmers' markets, eating all the wonderful produce, etc. We both really noticed a difference in our health from this(and we eat well at home, too). We didn't try to do nine thousand things in those 3 weeks. Good people around too!

health-conscious visionary artist in transition
health-conscious visionary artist in transition

Messages In This Thread
RE: More affluent people moving to Puna? - by cara4art - 05-09-2006, 02:44 PM