Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaska announces daily Kona to San Fran service
Tell me why we still need Hilo Airport?

Who says Hilo International is underused? It's been busy busy busy with an endless crowd of contractors making use of the facility. Within the last two years:

* Miles of new fencing around the perimeter
* Cutting, and chipping dozens of giant old growth banyan and mango trees
* New 3 story airport fire station
* Paving the runways
* Construction of a new 64,000 square foot cargo facility
* New state operations building next to Aloha Cargo

Soon they'll be tearing down some of the old buildings which were constructed with building materials made from asbestos, so plenty of high bids for hazardous waste removal yet to come, because safety engineers aren't cheap.

Don't forget General Lyman Field has a dedicated General Aviation Area, as well as military operations including Black Hawk Helicopters. Young Air Force pilots also practice touch and go landings, while older military pilots log flight status miles between Hickam and Hilo.

Or did you mean... why does the general public still need General Lyman Field?

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaska announces daily Kona to San Fran service - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-12-2017, 04:44 AM
RE: Alaska announces daily Kona to San Fran service - by dmbwest - 03-12-2017, 10:54 AM