Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLNR cat killing apparently to ramp up on Kauai
.. humans in this day and age inclined to club an animal to death...seems a bit too sadistic for the average person.

Back in the day when I was killing feral chickens (am happy I have moved and do not have to bother with that anymore), when I finally caught the birds, I had to dispatch them.

In retrospect I should have got a killing cone (didn't even know what one was then). Hold the birds upside down and put their body in this cone which is about 3 inch wide at bottom. It allows their head to protrude through. And then decapitate with a knife or wring neck or some variation thereof. Standard farming practice, I guess.

I suggest that no strategy will work unless the general public is on board.

Agree. And I doubt that will ever happen. Animal rights folks have been busy spreading their message that all animals must be accepted and valued. (Sound familiar to PC?) In other words there is no such thing as pests.

Recall some years back we even had an individual down in Opihikao who wrote letters to the T-H every week encouraging "integration" of the coquis. (He was even allegedly spreading them). On Oahu people are being taught by the animal rights folks to embrace the feral chickens and peacocks.

Cats are marvelous pets. If we can't even get rid of feral chickens in central Honolulu we are not going to cull feral cats. (Do not doubt that DLNR will be able to cull some cats in remote natural areas, but the closer our land managers get to civilization with this campaign, the more protests that will arise. Favorite tactic of animal rights activists: Vandalizing traps.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: DLNR cat killing apparently to ramp up on Kauai - by MarkD - 07-27-2017, 12:50 PM