Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email to all 18,000 UofH Students & Faculty
Here is the message that will play over the Emergency Alert System:

The pre-scripted message that will play during an attack

“The U.S. Pacific Command has detected a missile threat to Hawaii. A missile may impact on land or sea within minutes. This is not a drill.”

“If you are indoors, stay indoors. If you are outdoors, seek immediate shelter in a building. Remain indoors well away from windows. If you are driving, pull safely to the side of the road and seek shelter in a building or lay flat on the ground.”

“We will announce when the threat has ended.”

Part of the plan is for students (and everyone else) to shelter in place for two weeks if an attack takes place. I remember when I was in college, we barely kept enough food around for the day we would eat it, unless you can include late night pizza delivery. A campus full of students in Hilo with no food is not going to be a pleasant scenario after a day or two.

Do any Punawebbers have two weeks worth of food in stock?

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
RE: Email to all 18,000 UofH Students & Faculty - by Guest - 10-10-2017, 06:11 AM
RE: Email to all 18,000 UofH Students & Faculty - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 10-10-2017, 07:02 AM
RE: Email to all 18,000 UofH Students & Faculty - by Guest - 10-12-2017, 01:35 AM