Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moonbase in Hawaii?
I hope they're able to make this happen. Hawaii is an ideal location for the type of research necessary to build lower cost habitats on the moon or Mars. We have the materials, we have the experience with working in long term isolation on the HI-SEAS missions, and we're in an accessible location with most of the infrastructure necessary for scientists from NASA or Elon Musk to set up shop.

* There was a recent discovery of a large lava tube on the Moon which could protect a partial underground moon colony, sheltered from temperature extremes and solar radiation. Hawaii could offer a practice run for a small scale prototype.

* Basalt is found in Hawaii, on the moon, and Mars. This is the most likely material for 3D printers manufacturing extraterrestrial building products. Once perfected, it may even provide a source for locally made building materials. I'd live in a hurricane proof, fire proof moon house, in Puna.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
Moonbase in Hawaii? - by Eric1600 - 10-27-2017, 02:49 AM
RE: Moonbase in Hawaii? - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 10-27-2017, 05:03 AM