Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuclear Attack Siren Test, CDC Presentation Jan 16
The Star Wars missile defense initiative from the Reagan administration was in a testing phase back in the early '90's on Maui. The laser was on Haleakal#257;, which they fired at a reflecting satellite, then received and measured the beam in Kihei.

I installed a fire system in the florine or fluoride* waste storage shed. The florine or fluoride (whatever it was) was a waste byproduct of operating the laser. It was one big, honkin' laser. The accuracy was excellent. In the Air Force break room was a photo of the space shuttle at night, which the photographer took by following the shuttle simultaneously with the laser and satellite tracking telescope. He fired the laser at the precise moment he clicked the picture, using the laser as the worlds largest flashbulb to light up the shuttle for a moment. Not a bad shot with the shuttle traveling at around 14,000 mph.

* this toxic substance was held in a large, plastic Rubbermaid garbage can. If the Air Force found Rubbermaid acceptable for toxic waste storage, you know it's good

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nuclear Attack Siren Test, CDC Presentation Jan 16 - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 11-27-2017, 02:29 PM