Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues
While this post isn't specific to the Hilo USPS office, I thought you might find some enjoyment reading about our recent bad experience.

The wife sent a flat rate USPS Priority Mail box to a residential address in Kentucky. It was a computer printed label so not difficult to read. Box was never received in Kentucky. While checking the tracking information, the tracking info died at an APO address (?). When we looked it up, the box was last scanned in the Marshall Islands.

I know... you're thinking, at least it was insured right? (All priority mail comes with $50 'free' insurance) Unfortunately, it was mostly hand-made items and the USPS requires receipts for proving value when making a claim. If anybody has any USPS insurance claim advice, I wouldn't mind reading it. I cashed a check from a USPS insurance claim at the Volcano post office once, and the clerk exclaimed that she couldn't believe they actually paid somebody, but that was from when they mutilated a computer in the mail and Gateway filed the claim, I didn't file it myself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by Guest - 11-01-2017, 08:03 AM
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by Chas - 11-02-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by terracore - 12-04-2017, 12:51 PM