Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all?
I've been driving HA roads since 1975. I have been on the road committee and have for many years volunteered my time and equipment to maintain the stretch of road that I drive most. Mandatory fees have been a topic here for decades. I would prefer that all residents and landowners act like adults and responsibly and voluntarily contribute to the road maintenance but that has never worked. We have tried and tried to believe that we could find some way to make a voluntary system work but the reality is that most people won't give up money that they aren't required to. Consequently, just a few of us volunteers get saddled with keeping the roads passable.
We have a looming crisis on Road One in HA. The pavement is falling apart and we are seeing a building boom driven by low land prices. You know why the land prices are so low? Because of the crappy roads. For those who have long opposed any road improvements because they figured "if we don't build it they won't come"... well that backfired didn't it? The school bus companies threaten to discontinue service if we don't improve the road. Any realistic alternatives that anyone can think of? I didn't think so. Every time I have asked that question at road meetings all I have ever gotten was silence and people staring at their hands.
And a question for Mimosa: Instead of accusing Sheldon of somehow intending to profit on road work, which is stupid, could your opposition to MRF's possibly be tied to the fact that you own multiple lots and have in the past felt that you would be unreasonably impacted?

Messages In This Thread
HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all? - by randomq - 02-15-2018, 10:48 AM
RE: HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all? - by Peter Epperson - 02-16-2018, 03:34 AM