Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all?
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2018...ot-owners/

Already amended into a "study":

House Bill 2570 would start a three-year pilot program that would involve the county and state Department of Transportation identifying roads that are in such disrepair that emergency vehicles experience unreasonable delays.

The "emergency response" angle conveniently ignores the fact that fire/ambulance have to travel many miles of highway before reaching the edge of the subdivision.

For some reason I keep thinking "lifted 4x4 ambulance for off-road emergencies", and of course "why is the only emergency room in Hilo, and all the way across town". (Yes, people are trying to address that issue, too...)

Originally the sub division was both Fern Acres and the then Tropic Estates but the State Land Court basically said way to big .

The subdivisions are still way too big; there's no way for 4000 lot owners to agree on what a "road" should be and how much it should cost.

i don't think there is anything in the bill about bringing the road up to county standards

Yes, that's part of the problem.

For HPP this might be true. But for HA (and imho, Eden Roc) it's quite possible for the County to do a much worse job.

Not an "apples-to-apples" comparison: different terrain, different history of maintenance. Some unpaved roads in HPP, Ainaloa, Nanavale are nicer than the "paved" HA Road 1 (and in some cases, nicer than the Road 8 Rollercoaster Ride).

Still, lawmakers taking notice... though I'm not sure it's an "improvement".

Messages In This Thread
HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all? - by randomq - 02-15-2018, 10:48 AM
RE: HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all? - by kalakoa - 02-17-2018, 04:54 AM