Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all?
While "There's something for nearly everyone in the Puna subdivisions" as Chunkster points out, I think this is more about HA because:

1. It is one of the few remaining subdivisions, and certainly the largest, that doesn't have mandatory fees already, and

2. Joy and Sheldon's interests there.

I can't get past the 90 - 95% non-participation rate. I believe this means something very important, but I can't figure out what. I don't believe that 90% of the people in HA are the childish, freeloading deadbeats that they are made out to be. I know lots of people in HA, non of them fit that description.

Lack of confidence in the association due to mismanagement or something else could explain it, but it would have had to be something very, very bad to create this level of distrust and I haven't heard of anything that horrendous. Maybe I'm missing something.

Perhaps the 90% actually like things the way they are. This was my first impression of it. There's no question that having roads that bad and 3600 out of 4000 owners thinking this is just peachy is a deviation from the norm. Maybe to some deviation from the norm is a synonym for special.

Maybe it's a combination of these, or something else that I'm not seeing, but this is an astounding number. 90 - 95% is much, much higher than the actual compliance rate in OLCA and probably the other mandatory associations as well. Any other ideas of what could explain this huge lack of participation?

Messages In This Thread
HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all? - by randomq - 02-15-2018, 10:48 AM
RE: HB2570: Mandatory Road Dues for all? - by My 2 cents - 02-17-2018, 07:15 AM