Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti TMT Propaganda and SB3090 - social media war
Thanks Eric1600.
I can imagine how that 6 minute video looks to someone who has no background knowledge about Mauna Kea and the observatories. Having followed events on the mountain for decades, it's easy to see how almost every snippet posted throughout the video is far removed from the context in which it took place, or without detail of the event they mention (8 tablespoons of mercury), or exaggerated numbers (student body which represents 14,000 students, yes, but how many on the board voted?).

It is emotional. Unfortunately the filmmakers position it and pose it as documentary more than what it really is, a political advertisement.

"We should have a new force called the Space Force. It’s like the Army and the Navy, but for space." - President Donald J. Trump, while addressing the Marines
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anti TMT Propaganda and SB3090 - social media war - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-14-2018, 06:04 AM