Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Public Schools & Teacher Salaries
Hawaii has such a difficult time hiring new teachers is that they will not pay an incoming, experienced teacher from the mainland... commensurate with their current mainland salary. Hawaii insists on paying close to starting wages (as in fresh out of college) to these experienced teachers

That's not true.
From the DOE website:

Up to six years of non-Department teaching experience is accepted for salary placement. Experience must be officially verified before being credited and must have been in a recognized K-12 public or private school. Certain active military experience, up to four years, may also be used in combination with acceptable teaching experience for salary credit, allowing an individual to enter at a higher step.
http://www.hawaiipublicschools.org/Conne.../home.aspx

QUESTION: I'm having trouble following your argument. You first said Hawaii pays teachers too much (with their $100,000 salaries), now you say it's not enough (to mainland transfers)? Which is it?

I said, ‘Wrong, Justin (Trudeau), you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ - President Donald J. Trump, 3/14/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hawaii Public Schools & Teacher Salaries - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-19-2018, 08:46 AM