Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill 160... adding "truthful" to the ethics code?
It’s like asking them to police and possibly punish themselves.

I think Rob's proposed ethics code could have the same effect as a posted speed limit sign. It might say 55 MPH, most people will drive 60, but it's not often that some idiot completely ignores it and speeds along at 80.

The posted speed limit is largely effective because it's followed by a majority of the people who see it. Just like most people will try to park in between the lines of a parking space. Most people will automatically take their place at the end of the line. Most people will stay to right with a shopping cart, as when they drive a car. For the few who don't, ethics and punishments would have little effect because they don't live by the rules of society the rest of us accept. They will likely get caught breaking some greater law anyway, as that is their habit.

A code of ethics should be a good guidepost for a majority of the people it's directed at.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill 160... adding "truthful" to the ethics code? - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 04-04-2018, 06:31 AM