Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The waaaaaiting is the hardest part...
Big Mahalos for your ideas and empathy :-)
I'll know for sure this evening, but my answer seems to have arrived. The home it looks like we'll be moving into here in Ashland is beautiful and in a nice location. I've often said I would love to live in Hawaii part of the year and here part of the year. Not to long ago I wrote an article on Home Exchange programs. Had a friend in Hawaii who did this. This rental, unlike the apartments we'd been looking at, is the type of place I can picture someone in Hawaii who wants to visit Ashland would enjoy staying in, unlike where we are now. It's on the edge of town where the woods and Mt. Ashland trail starts, near a lake, but with city amenities like fast Internet. Big deck, atrium, gourmet kitchen, etc. The owners would likely approve this -or subletting for a few months. This way we'd have either swap homes with someone in Hawaii or sublet and have the rent money for short term on the BI (thanks for short term rental tip Carrie) :-)
Thought about finding a foster home for our kitties here until they're ready, but I wouldn't have the budget to move till late Sept, and we have to leave here Aug.31 at the latest. They're way too attached, more like dogs, to handle quarantine. And my son couldn't handle that either. His dark cloud would make me miserable and I promised him we wouldn't do that. They even follow me almost all the way to the store! Had some savings but used up last month when my step mom passed and my older son came out from North Carolina and stayed a week, and then I lost about two weeks worth of work during this time too. So I just can't move to B.I. before we have to be out here. Sooo, I feel this home exchange or subleasing with the new place might be the way for us. At least for now. I'm almost sure I'll be drawn to spend more and more time on the B.I. and then make the permanent move. But I won't know about this place we looked at it till tonight, although the owner said he thinks that the paper messing up with their ad happened for a reason and that the place is to be ours.
Either way, I'm determined to be on the B.I. this December - Jan, if only for a part time move.

Yes Mella, maybe we are resolve to share aloha and care for the aina is being tested.

Thanks again
Cindy

Messages In This Thread
RE: The waaaaaiting is the hardest part... - by Cindy B - 08-07-2006, 04:44 AM