Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air conditioners and Amazon - 3 un/related topics
my zip code had no "standard" shipping cost available

If Amazon was intending to use FedEx to ship the AC unit, this might have affected the charges:

FedEx has multiple methods of shipping available, but let's simplify and use the three basic types:
2 Day
Standard Overnight
Priority

Large shippers receive discounts from FedEx based on volume and the types of shipping they are most likely to use. In the case of mainland to Big Island shipping, FedEx does not include Standard Overnight as a shipping option to any location on the Big Island. If Amazon normally would ship Standard Overnight to most locations as their Free Shipping option, when they put in your zip code it will show it's not available. Your order will then only display the higher cost shipping option, and not the free option.

Portion of Hawaii’s drinking water that comes from underground wells : 9/10
Gallons of raw sewage that leak into the ground from Hawaii cesspools each day : 53,000,000 - Harper's Index
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air conditioners and Amazon - 3 un/related topics - by HereOnThePrimalEdge - 05-25-2018, 03:48 PM