Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air conditioners and Amazon - 3 un/related topics
I guess I'll chime in here...

AC took a dump about 4 months ago...

Ordered a new one, a 200 lb 230 volt monster, I think it's 18K BTU, but also has a heat option. Don't really need the heat option (but maybe on those chilly nights).

Anyway... I paid the 30 dollar "EXPRESS" fee, figured it would be worth it. And WOW! Amazon is serious! FedEx showed up at the door with in TWO days, with this HUGE box of an AC UNIT, this was labeled as a Window AC, but clearly was a Through the Wall unit, that included the sleeve. The thing was like 12 inches of Wall clearance before the cooling vent slots kicked in, if yours was that thick, Mine was about 8" thick.

I even bought the insurance, but, what the heck, I guess, if it dies, maybe I'll get my $$ back, who knows. I think I saved about few hundred bucks, for this type of unit, as no one carries 230 Volt units that I could find. also saved a few bucks as the unit LG came with the sleeve. What impressed me the most was that they got it to me in 2 days of a HUGE monster AC unit without damage whatsoever. Works great and keeps the temps at 70 / 72 degrees even with a huge thread ripper 32 core pc churning 24/7 at 100% load (it's like a 400 watt space heater).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air conditioners and Amazon - 3 un/related topics - by ericlp - 05-26-2018, 11:57 PM