Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What business is needed on the Hilo side
quote:
I think this was mentioned before, but there is an opportunity for food on wheels here I think...there are many areas which are loaded with workers everyday and I think if a vendor with a really good product were to make stops in a few different spots during the day they could do very well. We tried the vendor "Ono Grinds" at Makuu Market...people expect him to be there each Sunday...what if you had a business like that and say you stopped at several spots where there was a lot of building activity going on everyday at breakfast or lunchtime? You'd only have to stay 1/2 hour or so at each stop, depending on the traffic.

Tony works at a big fancy Toyota dealership in North Scottsdale - they have a catering truck stop there every morning and no shortage of guys buying breakfast burritos and other food and drink...I wonder if that idea would fly?

Carrie, I believe from one end of this country to the other, guys simply can't resist running for the lunch wagon. I've worked in truck shops for near 30 years and have watch many guys run tabs as high as 30-40 bucks weekly. I always had to have my two but plus dogs every morning, some guys would buy both breakfast and lunch. Lots of homemade stuff was always a big draw but the biggest draw was who operated the thing, if was a good looking gal who could keep a guy in line, it made for some hilarious embarrassmnet that ran the shop all day. You couldn't wait to see you got put in their place from time to time. Wink) There were all kinds of colorful metaphors for the arrival, every morning, my favorite was the roach coach. I can still hear it now coming over the intercom all accross the yard " ROACH COACH" That and morning radio show, Dingo Boy, I believe a similar show there on Island is called the Turkinator, were the highlites of the day...LOL Smile)) Thanks so much for touching on the subject, its good to remember stuff like that.........

As far as costs go to operate the truck, minimal I should think, a very easy life for the truck and 50 to 100 miles a day 10-12 mpg, minor. I think this job has got your name written all over it...Smile)) can you cook?

Just a funny, then again !

Aloha HADave

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What business is needed on the Hilo side - by KeithLee - 07-03-2006, 01:11 PM
RE: What business is needed on the Hilo side - by KeithLee - 07-08-2006, 09:57 AM
RE: What business is needed on the Hilo side - by HADave - 08-15-2006, 10:37 PM