Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vehicle safety check
I've found through the years that people's relationship(s) to their vehicle(s) can be a touchy subject. I realize that you who are commenting on my comments are there and I am not. However, just because your experiences suggest that motor vehicle safety inspections done in Puna are only of those items you've mentioned plus that of World's most authority on HDOT law, AIG INS Co. doesn't mean you haven't been screwed out of your 15.00 not to mention your right to operate a safe motor vehicle. If a builder or and electrician or a plumber didn't have a county appointed inspector following up their work, how would it make you feel when you found out they weren't doing you justice. Or what if you found that the inspectors weren't checking the work of these folks in your best interest/letter of the law. Some folks escape ever having a safety item failure many others do not. When auto manufacturers issue recalls it's from a great number of field reported incidents. Proper safety inspections are your only insurance that you are not one of the unfortunate many that loose life or limb to an incident related to premature wear, improper inspection or faulty design. If someone says for 15.95 I'll change your oil and filter, lubricate your chassis, inspect all your belts, hoses, fluid levels and you stand there watching them only change your oil do you make mention that they didn't check the other items or do you let it slide. On the wall of every State Inspection Station should be a chart that lists those items to be checked, look for it next time you go. Don't let some guy tell you your vehicle is safe to drive when it "might" not be, their job is to prove it.

Because some names were mentioned of local bussinesses that only check things like lights, horn, wipers, glass and insurance cards I won't be the one to post the info that proves their are in direct violation of State Law, as this forum is only considered here-say. I can tell you that fines and loss of licences can be imposed from your testaments should these inspectors/stations be caught doing quicky inspections.

Continue the research on this issue there is a manual that can be found and I have a copy. Like most States, Hawaii has some 30 plus reasons for failure but it is up to you, the residents, to inforce policies and procedures. Its your lives and the lives of others that you gamble with. I'm abit more fortunate than some as this has been my life's profession, and I know my way around vehicles and the law governing their use. I am truly trying to be helpful here and I know from experience that you would be ever so greatful if you found my words helped prevent a member of your family from being injured, maimed or killed. I take my work serious and always have.....

Much Aloha! HADave

PS those of you who can't find the link to the manual, can email me direct.

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

Messages In This Thread
vehicle safety check - by sittall - 08-16-2006, 05:49 AM
RE: vehicle safety check - by Punamom - 08-16-2006, 08:57 AM
RE: vehicle safety check - by HADave - 08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
RE: vehicle safety check - by David M - 08-16-2006, 03:54 PM
RE: vehicle safety check - by leilaniguy - 08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
RE: vehicle safety check - by HADave - 08-17-2006, 01:31 AM
RE: vehicle safety check - by Big_Island - 08-17-2006, 02:26 AM
RE: vehicle safety check - by Lucy - 09-29-2006, 05:47 AM
RE: vehicle safety check - by HADave - 09-29-2006, 09:04 AM
RE: vehicle safety check - by John S. Rabi - 09-29-2006, 09:33 AM
RE: vehicle safety check - by Carolann R - 09-29-2006, 08:30 PM