Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare?
Hazen perhaps these people that live the high life are the Trustafarians someone was speaking of? Playing both sides of the street as it were.

I understand for a hard working person trying to make ends meet and save a little for the future, seeing the new cars and the fancy stuff is hard to take. But just think it might just be a now thing and no building for a secure future and pacing themselves that is a prudent way of life.

I lived near as we called them in the old days slums, was there when the schools were integrated so poor kids could exposure to a valued education. The fancy cars that brought the kids to school were all their families had pretty literally. They all pitched in together to buy this fancy car, so they felt they fit in, and it was a status symbol. You can't fault them for wanting to fit in, to go styling, or for not having the for thought about the future, they needed education, self esteem is internal not external and that is another lesson that is learned. Soon the shiny fancy cars needed maintenance, and those lessons weren't a part of their communial understanding and so the cars sit in yards rotting as they don't run anymore. The next goal is a fancy car.

Ever heard the one about old money, the oldest generation made it the second generation protected it and the third generation spent it, LOL (Trustafarians LOL), except I've seen it happen in part of my family. Oh we were the poor relations not the spendthrifts though, hey one set of cousins ran the family business into the ground, with the fancy dog and pony shows, his and her sliver and gold mercedes, and on and on, oh well! LOL. Easy come easy go.

mella l

PS because the weather is so nice in Puna perhaps living conditions are easier for the poorer folks.

Edited by - mella l on 09/01/2006 11:24:16
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA

Messages In This Thread
EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by Hazen - 08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
RE: EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by mella l - 09-01-2006, 07:23 AM
RE: EBT, WIC, Welfare, Oh My! Punafare? - by KeithLee - 09-05-2006, 09:19 PM