Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Airlines - announcement coming..
quote:
Originally posted by glinda

quote:
Originally posted by Open-d

Turns out that Hawaii, a state made up entirely of islands, is boater-unfriendly. Imagine that, but, you know, backwards is as backwards does.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
Yeah, well, turns out you have no idea, do not know the facts, so through your ignorance...

The Hawaiian Islands are made of lava flows that create edifice that are not as much prone to having inlets and protected bays as much as peninsulas. We certainly do not have the inland waterways of more boater-friendly coastlines like those you find in places on the mainland. As such it is the islands themselves, more than man who is only a recent arrival upon them, that is not boater-friendly. But hey.. ignorance is bliss.. so they say.

Several people, all who know more about this issue than you do, have told me this - captains, brokers and private boat owners who have to pretend they are a charter operation so they can have a berth since there are very few berths for private, recreational (non-charter) boats available. Waiting lists run for years.

I take their knowledge base without a grain of salt. I believe if you had any idea of what you speak of, you would already know what I am saying to be true. Everyone else does. It may be more difficult to create a harbor, but it can and has been done when the matter is not contrary to the political will of the "ruling class".

PS I also know this to be true from people who run tropical fish collections business who I dove with collecting Yellow and Naso Tangs, Longnose Butterfly, various wrasse, Flame Angel etc.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance

Messages In This Thread
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-30-2018, 05:04 AM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-30-2018, 05:16 AM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-30-2018, 02:51 PM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-31-2018, 02:29 AM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-31-2018, 06:11 AM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-31-2018, 07:29 AM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-31-2018, 08:00 AM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-31-2018, 09:21 AM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 12-31-2018, 10:19 AM
RE: Southwest Airlines - announcement coming.. - by Guest - 03-12-2019, 03:57 PM