Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me with As Built Permits
No permits and temporary power means you are looking at buying land with an uninsurable liability on it. The house may appear solidly built but as far as the county is concerned it might as well be a kid's treehouse until proven otherwise.

I had considered purchasing a permitted residence with unpermitted additions. I think that was something I could potentially deal with. I had even considered purchasing land with a fully unpermitted living structure on it, but I understood going into it that I was really just buying land and liability.

In the end we kept shopping and determined the course of least resistance was to not try to un-unpermit an unpermitted home. I would still consider buying property with an unpermitted dwelling on it, but only as a stepping stone to building something that could be insured and/or resold without the hassles you are currently going through. We used to own a nice lot with a shipping container on it for the same purpose, though we ultimately decided to go the conventional route.

Whatever you do, best of luck, and I hope you keep us updated.

Messages In This Thread
Help me with As Built Permits - by dreamoutloud - 11-11-2019, 10:23 AM
RE: Help me with As Built Permits - by Mangosteen - 11-11-2019, 11:23 AM
RE: Help me with As Built Permits - by kalakoa - 11-11-2019, 11:39 AM
RE: Help me with As Built Permits - by KeaauRich - 11-12-2019, 07:31 AM
RE: Help me with As Built Permits - by terracore - 11-12-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Help me with As Built Permits - by JG-HPP - 11-18-2019, 12:20 AM