Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii representatives score card
We pay taxes, but we don’t get everything our tax dollars pay for.

Hahaha.. sometimes you're funny mr edge. I am not sure now's one of them, but hey, we gotta find humor wherever we can these days.

You used the roads to get to the tax office, you used the machines provided by the office, and I suspect every human being you interacted with went to school. All paid, to one extent of another, by your taxes.

And that cop, oops you may have not seen him, who kept that guy from breaking into your car, and all the other's the casts of thousands, who have in a myriad of other ways touched your life.

To hear you say it makes one wonder, should we do away with taxes and just put a toll system in their place? Would you rather be 'taxed' every time you travel from Pahoa to Keaau? Will you be one of that holds up the line as you give the billy goat gruff for the fee he demands? Or per chance will you cower in your car and fulfillment his demand so the guy behind you can get on with is day?

I'd say, especially at a time like this, your taxes, and thank you for them, are being spent to hold us together, keep us from falling in to chaos. We live in a society, and thankfully one that is today trying to hold the line, trying its damndest to keep the boogieman away.

And if that line slips even a little.. are you ready to say we don't need the police? And if not for our taxes, who's paying them?

Messages In This Thread
Hawaii representatives score card - by terracore - 04-02-2020, 01:57 PM
RE: Hawaii representatives score card - by Guest - 04-03-2020, 06:54 AM
RE: Hawaii representatives score card - by Guest - 04-03-2020, 08:02 AM