Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No animal control services East side / very little West side
As someone said upstream in this thread, HIHS probably got tired of the county's politics and being jerked around. Like most of you, I have almost no faith that the hippie dippy "Rainbow" approach will work. I hope I'm wrong, but they'll probably spend all the money the county gives them on housing and feeding the limitless supply of new unwanted animals instead of the spay and neuter efforts that might reduce those numbers.

Ultimately, it comes down to culture, both in the usual sense and in the political sense. Someone may accuse me of being racist, but I don't care and will say this anyway: A significant part of the "local" culture does not place a high value the humane treatment of animals. Just look around you at all the dogs on five foot tethers and all the cockfighting. It is an unpleasant fact. Making things worse, we have a political culture that is afraid to confront problems head on and make difficult decisions. Inconceivable as it may seem, things are about to get even worse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No animal control services East side / very little West side - by ChunksterK - 08-06-2020, 09:22 PM